Smoke Particulate IAQ Screen Check helps identify indoor air contaminants. Odors, discoloration and “ghosting” effects can result when, carbon black and combustion byproducts (carbonized material) are deposited on building and/or home interior surfaces. Proof of these conditions may be required by property insurance companies prior to the buildings being fixed.
• Identifies airborne black deposition
• Quick and Easy
• Includes Sample Collection Device for 1 Surface Sampling Location
• Complete Instructions with Chain of Custody
• Includes Lab Analysis – Report mailed (PDF) in 3- 5 business days
• Same Samples Used by Professionals
Particulate sampling is performed by surface sampling with the Smoke Particulate Screen Check (SPSC). Environmental Diagnostics Laboratory (EDLab) will provide a final report included in the cost of the Smoke Particulate Screen.
This report will show detailed information and will be compared to what is considered to be a normal manageable level. Once EDLab receives the sample for analysis, your lab report will be generated and emailed within 3-5 business days. Common Symptoms to Look for: irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat; coughing; phlegm; chest tightness, shortness of breath