What is Carbon?
Nordic Pure offers Activated Carbon air filtration with three filter media types: Pure Carbon, MERV Plus Carbon and Pure Green Plus Carbon
All of Nordic Pure's carbon options will add a level of odor control to deliver better air quality. They will help alleviate foul odors and contaminants that you may or may not smell like pet odors, garbage, musty mildew or smoke and fumes caused by cooking or tobacco.
Pure Carbon AC Furnace Air Filters
- Pure Carbon AC Furnace Air Filters consist of a two layers of carbon media around a middle layer of non-woven polyester base media.
- The naturally derived carbon is treated with oxygen in order to open up millions of tiny pores between the carbon atoms.
- These pores are highly adsorbent, forming a strong chemical bond, or attraction, to odorous gaseous air molecules.
- Nordic Pure carbon air filters contain 74 grams of activated carbon per square yard - yielding a working surface area in excess of eight acres!
- Activated Carbon air filter media lasts longer than any other odor removal system.
MERV Plus Carbon AC Furnace Air Filters
- MERV Plus Carbon AC Furnace Air Filters have an electrostatically charged MERV filter media, usually pleated, plus a flat layer of polyester media impregnated with activated carbon.
- The dual combination results in two different filter media combined into one convenient, ultra air conditioner filter.
- The MERV pleated media captures microscopic airborne dust, pollen, allergens, mold spores, pet dander, bacteria and particulates carrying bacteria and viruses in the air for better indoor air quality. Use the MERV rating recommended for your AC Furnace system (ex: MERV 12)
- The activated carbon air filter polyester media naturally deodorizes the air by adsorbing and eliminating household odor's, and has virtually no added air resistance.
- Removes levels of concentration of gases (VOC’s) as well as particulates in the air while maintaining excellent air flow properties.
Pure Green Plus Carbon AC Furnace Air Filters
- Pure Green AC Furnace Air Filters, by Nordic Pure, are made from environmentally responsible non-woven high loft, antimicrobial filter media.
- The MERV 8 rating has a lower pressure drop, minimizing energy consumption, while maintaining a high dust holding capacity.
- Pure Green filter media is fine gauge fiber media polyester with two layers of fiber density allowing depth loading and high efficiency.
- The filter media is derived from recycled pop bottles and the outer frame is beverage board made of recycled paper products, therefore making it earth friendly.
Three ways Pure Green is purely green!
- 1. Proper MERV results in less energy consumption by HVAC system
- 2. The Air Filter Media is recycled pop bottles and may be recycled again, depending on your recycling facility.
- 3. The Air Filter Frame is made of recycled paper products, and is biodegradable.